Universities are richer than ever. Their endowments are comparable to cash reserves of multinational companies like Amazon, Coca Cola, and Facebook. Reportedly, Harvard University only spent about 5% of its endowment for operational cost like paying professors. The other 95% was invested in hedge fund, real estate and other sectors. Well, I personally think investment, rather than inflation, is a wise decision. But isn't it too big? What about education? I imagine how many generations they could have educated instead.